Monday, January 21, 2008

Our First Anniversary

I can't believe that it's already been a year of marriage! We celebrated the day with a perfect brunch at the Grand America. Brad was sweet and made us dinner reservations for this wonderful 5 star restaurant but I wanted to go to the same place we went on our wedding night. Village Inn. (For those who are out of town, it is this local version of IHOP or Denny's.) Super romantic. But on our wedding night I wanted scrambled eggs. Who knew I would start a tradition?




Of course my sweet husband brought me flowers and we ended the night eating the top from our wedding cake. Only, when I froze it, I forgot to take off the "fresh flowers". Who knew that flowers would taste like ass after a year? Once we peeled off the outer layer of frosting, the cake was amazingly good.

Ruby thought so too. We had to give her some wedding cake too. She's been there through the first year too!

1 comments:

Your Mom said...

did you really throw away the flowers my mother so lovingly arranged for you???????