Friday, January 14, 2011

Swimming..or at least in the pool

Here is comes... the mommy posts. Yup, you get to see what my kid does every waking minute. The difference for me, as a parent, is that I realize it's kinda lame for everyone else! And, yeah, I accept that and don't care! :)

I have grown up swimming and want Kash to enjoy it too or at the very least, be confident he won't drown. My cute friend Bethany invited me to go with her and Ari, her 9 month old.
How did she even think to do it this soon? For some odd reason, I have it in my mind that infants only eat, drink and poop. My poor kid wouldn't get to do anything until he was a toddler. Thank goodness for friends who actually treat him like a little person. May I just comment that my kid is the size of her little girl---3 1/2 months older than Kash. He's not fat...just fluffy, well..perhaps chunky, well... perhaps thick,well..perhaps big-boned, ok, perhaps he's a little fatty! So damn cute.

Moving along, Kash did really well. He was patient with me as I tried really, really hard not to get my hair wet (did not work with a splashing infant).He didn't really know what to do at first, so my great idea was to dunk him. I am the greatest mom ever. Really, just ask me.
His response, once I brought him to the surface was to blink his eyes and look a little confused. Not a single cry, not once during each of the 15 times I dunked him. Like I said, "getting him used to the water"....and funny for me. He quickly got to the point where he was flailing his arms and loving the water splashed in his eyes, mouth, nose, ears and mine too. Oh, yeah and we got kicked out of the hot tub.....wait, wait, wait. We didn't have the babies in the hot tub. But just sitting on the edge above it, but the life guard did not go for it. Probably not the best thought-out plan, now that I think of it. Again, greatest mom, ever.

2 comments:

Annie Koop said...

I don't think that mommy posts are lame!!! I love seeing how much the kids have grown...and love to keep track!!!

Poozoe said...

He is so cute! He looks more like Brad all the time :) I am so happy you are enjoying momminess.